Here is a picture of my small group area.
Key Components to my Small Group Area (shown in picture above)Organization Elements
1. Literacy Workstation Rotation Chart
2. Chair Pockets (home for white boards)
3. Canvas Bags on wall (home for teacher's supplies)
1. Pocket Chart with Phonics Cards
2. Phonics Flip Chart
3. Sound Boxes with clip (mounted on bulletin board)
4. Vowels Poster
Behavior Management Elements
**How does this work? When I am sitting with a reading group, I turn on the light. This means the rest of the students (in centers) are not allowed to interrupt the small group lesson by asking me a question.
2. Stars Graph
**How does this work? When the whole class is doing an awesome job in centers they can earn stars. They have 1 hour (that is how long center/small group time is) to earn 20 stars. When they earn 20 stars, they have earned a prize. (Possible prizes: free-time, treasure chest, whole class bingo games)