I have loved seeing all the amazing Turkey ideas from other blogs. I got this idea from The First Grade Parade. I altered it because I wanted the students to focus on the addition skills: counting on and using a number line.*Pictured Below- front of turkey/back of turkey*
-30 Turkey Cut Outs (with no feathers)
-Feathers (preferably one color)
-Avery Labels Template #5160 (2 sheets of 30)
CLICK HERE FOR LABELS PAGE 2
1. Print addition problems and number lines. (click on link above)
2. Circle big number in yellow. (number you start with)
3. Put dot on number line in yellow. (number you start with)
4. Draw "hops" on number line in orange. (or whatever color feathers you choose)
5. Put addition sentence on FRONT side of turkey.
6. Put number line on BACK side of turkey. (self-correcting feature)
7. Laminate turkeys for durability.
How to Play
1. Child takes one turkey with addition problem facing up.
2. Puts the number of feathers they are "counting on" around the turkey.
3. Check answer on the backside of the turkey.