Reinforce beginning sounds
Differentiate between 2 (or more) beginning sounds
Materials+How to Make
- Enlarged T-Chart
- I used a poster maker and laminated for durability
- Pictures w/ same beginning sounds (10 pictures + Upper and Lowercase Letter)
- I made this using PowerPoint and laminated
- Ziplock Bags Labeled w/ Letter Sound
- I have 26 Ziplock bags (26 letters)
- Do not put all the bags out at once.
- 4-5 Separate Bags for Center
- I select letter pictures from one of the 26 bags.
- I mix 2 letter sound pictures+the Letters in the same bag and LABEL what letters the student will be working with in that center. I use masking tape to write he letters and place on bag (shown in picture).
- I change-out the label and pictures w/ new beginning sounds or combinations.
- I put the answer on the back of each picture, so students can check their work.
- You can increase difficulty by putting letter combinations w/ similar sounds (like M/N, or E/I, G/J etc.)
- You can increase difficulty by comparing more letter sounds (A/E.I etc.)